Frequently Asked Questions About RehaDesign Tire Covers
1. Do you ship to my country?
Yes, we ship by registered post worldwide. If your country has a reliable postal service, our products will reach you.
2. My shipment is late, are you sure it is coming?
It is very rare that a shipment goes missing. In our experience maybe we lose one parcel per year. However, check your tracking number, it may be waiting for you at your post office.
3. Where is my tracking number?
After shipping we send a confirmation email with your tracking number to the email address that you registered with paypal.
4. How much does shipping cost?
For Wheelchair Tire Covers shipping is free. The price you see at the web page already includes the shipping cost.
5 What tire covers do you carry?
We sell RehaDesign Slippers, Socks and Mud Eaters.
6. What is the difference between Slippers, Socks and Mud Eaters?
Slippers and Mud Eaters cover the large rear tires of the wheelchair. Socks cover the small front caster wheels. Slippers and Socks are made from a soft comfortable fabric. Mud Eaters are made from thick neoprene, the same fabric used for “wet suits”. Mud Eaters are water resistant and are designed for use with very dirty muddy tires, or for use at swimming pools or saunas. Slippers are very flexible and can be put on quite easily. Mud Eaters require normal upper body strength to put them on.
7. What sizes of tires to they fit?
* Slippers: Designed to fit 24 inch tires but many wheelchair users report that they will fit 25 inch tires. However, this is not guaranteed.
* Mud Eaters: Only for 24 inch tires.
* Socks: These are made for 3,4,5,6, 7 and 10 inch casters.
8. How do I know what size Socks to order?
Measure your casters carefully as shown in the photo. It is very important to do this carefully. Please do not guess. We get many Socks returned to us because people order the wrong size. If the measurement is not accurate, your socks will not fit.
9. My caster diameter is 4.4 inches. What should I do?
Always round up. In this case, please select 5 inch socks. If you select 4 inch socks there will be an annoying “gap” that you will feel as you roll.
10. My wheelchair has 14 inch tires. Can you make covers to fit it?
No, we do not make custom tire covers. But it is very simple to do it at home as you can see from this article
11. Do you make tire covers for electric (power) wheelchairs?
No we don't. But it might be possible to modify regular slippers to fit your wheelchairs as shown in the article above.
12. What colors are available?
Slippers: Beige, Blue Purple
Socks: Beige only
Mud Eaters: Black only
13. Can I use my Slippers or Mud Eaters outdoors?
No, Socks, Slippers and Tire Covers are made for indoor use only.
14. Won't the wheels slip if they are covered with tire covers?
No. Our tire covers are made with a special “grip” on the inside which grip to the tires. There is no slippage at all.
15. How can I put the tire covers on my tires? Is it difficult?
No, it is very easy to put on the tire covers as can be seen in these videos
How to put on Wheelchair Slippers and Mud Eaters
How to put on Wheelchair Socks
16. I am quadriplegic. Can I put Slippers on by myself?
Slippers are very easy to put on. So, depending on the amount of hand ability you have, you may be able to put them on by yourself as can be seen in this video demonstration showing a quadriplegic putting on wheelchair slippers without assistance.
16. How can I clean my tire covers?
You can wash them in cool water with mild detergent. Line dry.
See more information about RehaDesign Tire Covers